Arkansas Traveling Ham Award
- To acknowledge and recognize the achievement of contacting radio operators in
each of Arkansas’ 75 counties
- To identify Arkansas counties with few or no amateur radio operators, so that we
can later set up Technician classes in those areas
- To promote the use of the Arkansas Link System repeater network
- Participants must be properly licensed Amateur Radio operators.
- All contacts must be completed within 365 days from the day the first contact is
- Participants may use any mode or band to make their contacts, as long as there
is a radio involved on at least one end of the contact. (I.E. Repeaters,
including satellite repeaters, and IRLP contacts are valid. Echolink
contacts are valid as long as there is a radio involved on at least one end of
the contact. CQ100 contacts are not eligible for this award.)
- Mobile operators who change counties are considered valid contacts for one
county per day.
- Any contact made, that meets the criteria for this contest and other contests or
awards may be submitted.
Logs should include the call sign of the station worked, date, time, county,
your operating frequency*, their operating frequency*, RST report
from the remote station. Logs should be kept in any
common** electronic form that allows recording of the items needed for
* Both are needed since they
may differ during repeater operations
** Any ASCII or "flat file".
The CAUHF Group Board of Directors, or designated representative, will be the
final approval authority. If in doubt, ask first.
A sample log has been created for you to use if you choose. It is an Excel spreadsheet. Click here to download it.
Submission of QSL cards is not required. Once
contacts have been made in all 75 counties, logs should be
verified by two unrelated Amateur Radio operators of General class or higher,
prior to submission. After verification, participants should email their log and
the call signs and email addresses of the two who pre-verified their submission to “board [at]
There is a $10 dollar fee for submitting logs, which can be payable by check or
PayPal. Members of the CAUHF have this fee automatically waived.
Awardees will receive a certificate, via email, that is suitable for
framing. Those who receive this award will also be recognized in all
future CAUHF nets (on the state-wide Arkansas Link System repeater network) at a
special check-in time, near the beginning of the net, specially designated for
recipients of this award.
In the future, we might coordinate the creation
of a commemorative pin if their are enough people interested.